MICFor, CEnv, MArborA, BSc (Hons), Cert Ed.F.E, Dip Arb L6 (ABC), Cert Arb L4 (ABC)
Arboricultural Consultant, Chartered Arboriculturist and Company Director
Amelia is the Principal Arboricultural Consultant and Company Director of The Arboricultural Company which she founded in February 2020. She has over 20 years experience in Arboriculture and has previously run her own tree consultancy company earlier in her career and has gained a wide range of knowledge and experience in all her previous roles. She is also an assessor for the Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF) as well as an active member on various strategy task and finish groups of the ICF.
She holds the following accreditations, memberships and qualifications relevant to arboriculture:
- Chartered Arboriculturist (MICFor)
- Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv)
- Professional member of the Institute of Chartered Foresters
- Professional member of the Arboricultural Association
- BSc Degree in Geography and Environmental management (Royal Holloway University of London)
- Professional Diploma in Arboriculture (Royal Forestry Society) (Dip Arb L6)
- Technicians Certificate in Arboriculture (Arboricultural Association) (Dip Arb L4 ABC)
- Certificate in Arboriculture (Royal Forestry Society)
- Aspire To Excellence leadership and management training NCFE (Level 5) Certificate
- Safety, Health and Environmental Management (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH))
- City and Guilds Certificate in Further Education Stage 3 (Level 4) (Cert Ed.F.E)
Most recently she was Arboricultural Officer for Test Valley Borough Council for over four years within Community and Leisure Services. She was responsible for the tree management of all trees and woodlands on council owned land including reactive enquiries of around 700 per annum. The tree survey programme including visual tree assessments, health and safety monitoring with a recent focus on Ash dieback and Oak processionary moth and tree planting. She used Ezytreev tree management software to enable the holistic tree management of around 21,000 assets equating to around 66,000 trees with an annual target of 6,000 assets on a resurvey programme. She was responsible for the delivery of all the tree works and the tree contractor management focusing on the health and safety of the delivery, with an annual budget responsibility of around £400k for tree works and replacement tree planting.
Her role previously for ten years was the Pan Garrison Trees, Grounds and Gardens Manager for Aspire Defence Services Limited, managing their tree and woodland management and maintenance plus the grounds maintenance and garden service delivery across seven Garrisons on behalf of the Ministry of Defence. The main focus of her role involved managing the £2.3 million evergreen contract for all three-service areas and ensure that this was delivered in accordance with the specifications and service level agreements.
Prior to that she was an Arboricultural Consultant based in Hampshire and Director of Amelia Williams Ltd alongside her role initially and prior to that the Director of Arborsphere Ltd since 2007.
Prior to starting her first company she was working as a Senior Consultant for CBA trees in Twyford in Hampshire from 2004 to 2007 assessing a wide range of arboricultural issues for projects across the UK and reached Associate level partnership. The main focus related to carrying out tree surveys in accordance with BS5837:2005 and development sites.
Before becoming an Arboricultural Consultant she was a Lecturer in Arboriculture at Moulton College in Northampton for two years teaching both the theory and practical of the RFS Certificate in Arboriculture, the Higher National Diploma in Urban Forestry, National Diploma and National Certificate in Arboriculture and the National Diploma in Horticulture.
Amelia started her arboricultural career in 2000 as a Tree Surveyor / Tree Officer for Test Valley Borough Council where she undertook the task of reviewing the status of all Tree Preservation Orders, including converting the paper based system to that of a computerised system on a GIS package. She also designed the access database to manage existing and new Tree Preservation Orders.
Range of arboricultural specialisms
- Arboricultural consultancy
- Tree management for small (single tree) up to large tree collections (over 40,000 trees)
- Tree survey work (street trees, development projects, individual private sites)
- Tree Inspections and hazard risk assessments including health and safety issues around risk management
- Tree contract management and tree works compliance monitoring
- Tree Preservation Order advice and trees in Conservation Areas
- Arboricultural constraints and implications assessments and method statements
- Arboricultural site and project management including arboricultural supervision
- Arboricultural design including tree planting projects both small and large scale
- Leadership and management including running own consultancy business
- Arboricultural Lectures and Presentations and general training and guidance
You can get in touch by us here or via social media.